Back home

So much is being said about the Malaysian football scene.
It's heartbreaking for football lovers like me.


Sometimes, to think of it, it is sad that as of now, I am so into football and I know so much about United when I cannot even name five Pulau Pinang players.

It's been so long since I last watched a football match at a stadium.

I remember watching every Pulau Pinang match from the window of my father's old office, which is situation right behind City Stadium. We were there every night when there was a home game. My parents, my brother and my cousins will gather at the place, with a few tools nicely arranged. Some canned drinks. Some Potato Chips.

And we'll sit there cheering for Azman Adnan, Hasmawi Hassan, Ng Kok Heng and Moey Kok Hong. And Chee Wan Hoe. And Ooi Hoe Guan. And Merzagua. MERZAGUA THE HERO. I remember him. 1998 when Pulau Pinang won. By a one point or something. I remember that day.

Gawd these names. I have almost forgotten them.

Once in awhile, we would watch in the stadium itself. So. Much. Fun. To. Be. There. You. Have. No. Idea.

In fact, I was right there among the crowd when Pulau Pinang lifted the Premier One trophy.
I was in the freaking Batu Kawan stadium when Pulau Pinang was last crowned as Champions.
We screamed. Threw confetti's. Hugged. Cried. It was real. I felt like a true football fan.


It was in 2001. Almost a decade sort of.



The old times were deliciously good.
I want them back. The now-time is good, and I am proud to say I am and will always love United. I have come too far. LOL.


But I am not proud that I stopped looking at the nearer pastures.



No comments: