I've just finished...

....the whole Season One of Brothers and Sisters.

Brilliant. I am a fan.


I am hooked onto the characters and their develpments, and goodness, what a joy it is to watch a series that does not go around the usual you-are-kinda-cute-so-let's-have-sex-nevermind-the-fact-that-I-am-not-even-a-high-school-senior and damn-I-am-a-size-two-therefore-I-am going-on-a-plain-water-only-diet-until-I-get-back-my-size-negative-six-figure, or a certain Meredith's why-is-the-world-so-unfair-why-me-why-me-why-me-why-me-why-me-it's-all-about-me Hollywood themes. Not that these are wrong because in fact I love them but, it is so refreshing to just escape from something which is so common.


Brothers and Sisters is about family and the unconditional love so deep and genuine that only family and family alone can provide us with. It has lies and fights and pains, but also love and hope and trust. It also tackles issue like political differences and homosexuality.


The show makes us feel that I will always be loved. Not that we am not aware of that.
It's just serves as that extra reminder. You know, that extra caramel topping on your ice-cream.


It makes me want to just fight with my brother over who gets to use the computer just for the sake of it and then laugh about it with him soon afterwards.

It makes me want to do things I never was brave enough to do because I know my family will stand alongside me...



..always!

1 comment:

SHARYQ said...

Yea..some of my frens told me bout Brothers and Sisters too. They too said it was awesome.

Btw, Gossip Girl is slowly loosing its charm. The plot is going downhill already, probly bcos it's nearing the ending.

Any chance I can get my hands on Bros and Sis? LOL :P