Red hot Blue!

When I first found out that United will have a blue away jersey,
I had a hard time swallowing it in.

I mean. BLUE? Like, hello??
Knock knock.
Blue is so Chelsea!

United is supposed to be about RED.

Glowing, grilling, boiling, sizzling, blistering , smoking RED.
Not cold, bleak, chilly, frigid blue.

Damn.

But I do not see the blue kit with much repulsion anymore.

Why?
Because I was ignorant.
I was too shallow to the extent that anything blue reminds me of Chelsea.

I knew there must be a reason they decided on blue for the new kit,
but I did not bother to find out why.

My deepest and sincerest regret.

As a loyal United fan as I always see myself as, I should have known better.

Now I know.


This is what I found out from Manutd.com

United's new third kit has been inspired by the success of 1968, when the Reds wore blue while becoming the first English team to lift the European Cup.

To celebrate the 40-year anniversary of the momentous night, Nike has created a kit worthy of that great team and their famous 4-1 win over Benfica at Wembley.
United will therefore wear blue as their third kit for the 2008/09 campaign and as the preferred kit for this season's Champions League away matches.
The new blue shirt includes a number of details that celebrate the anniversary including the embroidery of the words 'May 29th 1968' and '40th Year Anniversary' around the crest.

Damn.
Just how f*cked up of me.

Sir Bobby Charlton and George Best wore blue jerseys when they lift the cup in 1968!!!!

So blue is indeed SMOKING HAWT!!!!!!!!!


(FYI,I obviously still loathe Chelsea!)





No comments: