Fists in the air!

Mew Choo is out of the Olympics.
She just lost to Lu Lan of China 7-21, 27-29.
Yes, a freaking 27-29 in the second game.
.
I was screaming my head off -
shouting ala 300 (the movie) style;
With my mouth wide open..
Fist up in the air.
Punching and punching.
.
And punching.
.
Like my life was at stake. LOL.
.
.
She was so so close.
She could have pushed the game to a rubber set.
And it would have been a different story.
.
But she did not make it.
.
Albeit the lost, she certainly made Malaysia proud.
Well, she made me proud.
.
She put up a great fight.
She did not give up, and I could see the sheer determination and spirit in her eyes.
.
.
.
It is always matches like these that makes me feel oh-so-Malaysian.
.
You know?
.
I hate that the oil-price in Malaysia went up so high.
I hate that our education system sucks.
And need I say more about how some of our politicians are behaving.
.
.
But at times such as now,
watching our Malaysian team out there in Beijing
pushing hard, persevere and fighting till their last drop of sweat;
.
I just can't help but feel that my spirit and love are all being revived.
.
It is amazing what sports can do to bring us all together.
.
.
For now, I can't wait for Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong's match
against the Indonesians.
.
My fists are going to be busy punching the air again.
Malaysia Boleh!!!

No comments: