Go and watch....

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE!

You've better have known (or at least heard ) about this beautiful drama directed by Danny Boyle!


If you've not, google it now because the last thing you want is going "Slum what?"..HAHAHA!

Oh waittttt, you've been living in the cave for the past three months eh? And therefore have never heard of this movie? Oh, too bad then.


When a movie received THIS MUCH ATTENTION and THIS MANY GREAT REVIEWS, I did not want to miss it. And I wanted to watch it before the Academy Awards this Sunday (Monday morning Malaysian time), in which it has been nominated for ten categories.


So I did some research and some reading. Headed to GSC with a rather high expectation.


I WASN'T DISAPPOINTED.


The storyline of this movie is simple. A boy from the slums of India struggling to survive. He grows up and joins India's Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, and win. Of course, he wins the girl in the end too.

You have the quite typical romance epic and a poor-boy-finally-did-it story at first glance, but look closer, and you see one of the most spectacular movies this year! Danny Boyle surely knew how to make it work!


The movie gave me the feeling of humility, which is one of the reason I love it.

It was not the fact that critics love it and so must I.
It felt more like a real movie, made by a real director, starring real actors.
The fact that it has its commercial appeal is really an icing on the cake.



And don't let me start on the music by A. R. Rahman. SUPERB.
The music goes perfectly well with the scenes of the movie, I WANTED TO JUST DANCE ALONG OR FLY IN THE SKY OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

It is all in all a fantastic movie, serene yet dazzlingly thrilling.
I watched it once and I want to watch it for the second time, and third. Maybe fourth.

:)


P.S: I have not watched the other four movies nominated for Best Picture to be able to say which one I love most. Even if I have, I would not have been in the position to critically assess them eh, LOL. But make no mistake that I will be hoping that this movie wins big this Sunday!


2 comments:

Quin said...

i totally love slumdog millionaire too!!! it's a bit rare for a movie to get nominated for best picture where it's also entertaining as well. normally they have big philosophies of life in which i think the only way to tell it to the audience is through snail crawl pace, take benjamin button and doubt as examples. not that these movies aren't good...

i'd like for this movie to score big on oscar night too! have u watched the reader? i'll be rooting for kate winslet in this!

and one more thing, blog more often lar............

Jaryn said...

i havent watch the reader but im gona root for kate as well!!
i hope its the 6th time lucky for her! she's an amazing actress!

and yesss i will try to update as often as possiblee! hehehe